Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April Word of the Month: Conquer

CONQUER means to defeat or subdue by or as if by force of arms. The bible says, "...If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31) It also says, "...In all these things we are more than CONQUERORS through him that loved us!" (Romans 8:37) You can overcome circumstances if you know they are temporary. That knowledge gives you confidence in your ability to CONQUER things. Your confidence allows you to be persistent in pursuing your goals. Your persistence allows you to CONQUER obstacles by force. Anyone can side step a problem. When I say CONQUER, I mean moving mountains. The ability to CONQUER comes from a purpose and a need. To move a mountain you have to have a strong purpose for moving it. It can't be a desire or a want. You have to have so strong a purpose that you say, "I'm going to move this mountain or die trying!" People don't realize how important it is to CONQUER their fears. Fear is the only thing that limits your potential. The fear of what others will think and of failing are two of people's most common fears. Fear is lies made up by the devil and whispered in your ear over and over until you assume they are truth. Can I ask you a personal question? What do you want most? I know that right now you want not to be embarrassed. I know that now you want to be comfortable. (Man I HATE that word!) But what do you want most? Would you trade what you want now for what you want most? What price are you willing to pay for your dream? CONQUERING your fears also help you grow as a person. Years ago I was afraid to return an item at the store. I was afraid that the cashier would yell at me or think badly of me. I was afraid they would ask for information I didn't have and I would be embarrassed. Now I am loud, confident, and very social. I changed and grew when I was forced to try new things. The next time you fear something, lie to yourself and others! Boldly proclaim how easy and fun it is and do it! Once you face your fear you may love it. If you fear something it has control over you. You are in control of your life. Live a life of victory! That doesn't mean go succeed. It means live a life knowing that you have already won. God has a plan of abundant life for you! God is for you! All you are doing is walking through the steps to claiming your reward. So enjoy the journey. Take in the view. Make some memories along the way. Find some new friends along the path. Then when you finally reach your destination in heaven you will realize that your life was your reward. Heaven is where you go home and thank God for loving you enough to give you such a precious gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment